Coronavirus PCR test
This is a virtual consultation and laboratory testing service for individuals who are at risk or are suspected to have active COVID-19 (coronavirus) infection.
The test used is the international gold standard test method for the diagnosis of coronavirus infections: an RNA Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test.
We are able to facilitate testing for people with and without medical aid membership.
- If you are a member of a medical aid, your test fee is covered by the medical aid.
- If you do not have medical aid, your test fee includes both the cost of the PCR test and your virtual consultation.
What does the fee cover:
- Initial eligibility screening
- 1x COVID-19 PCR test (if you have medical aid you will not pay for the actual cost of the test)
- Results reporting and follow-up advice
- Post-test virtual consultation*
What does the service not cover:
- Treatment or treatment costs related to diagnosis.
- Any other laboratory fees other than for the COVID-19 PCR test.
- Only the first consultation in relation to the test conducted is included in the service. If there is any ongoing care needed, you are advised to seek in-person help at your nearest appropriate healthcare service provider.
- This service does not replace in-person or emergency care.
Who Should Get Tested:
Testing will be prioritised for individuals that fulfill epidemiological and clinical case definitions and only if approved by one of our doctors.
Swab (oral or nasopharyngeal)
Average turnaround time:
1-3 working days
Find out more about Covid/Long Covid
* Digital consultation will be offered based on the results of the eligibility screen as well as test results